St. Martin's Catholic Women's League
St. Martin's CWL is part of the National Catholic Women's League of Canada.
In Saskatchewan, we have three Diocesan Councils - Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert, one Provincial council.
Saskatchewan accounts for 6974 members in over 150 parishes which are part of the 83,000 members through out Canada.
St. Martin's Council currently has over 130 members!
The Catholic Women's League of Canada was organized nationally on June 17, 1920 and granted federal incorporation on December 12, 1923. The League is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) as a lay association of women and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women's Organizations (WUCWO), a world-wide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations (ICO) and having consultative status withe agencies of the United Nations.
Here is a brief list of some of our projects include supporting local community organizations such as:
- Marian Centre
- Santa Maria
- Visitation House
- Catholic Missions
- Wascana Rehab Birthday Parties
- Native Valley Ministries
Within the Church, our members help at parish functions, volunteer with mass ministries and are in charge of funeral luncheons.
St. Martin's CWL History and Past Annual Reports
10 Reasons To Become A Member
- The CWL deepens my faith life, enhancing my spiritual journey.
- The CWL is a supportive sisterhood that enjoys having fun.
- I get to know the women in my parish community and develop friendships.
- I am part of the largest National organization of Catholic women.
- I am part of the united voice for Catholic women when representatives meet with the Provincial and Federal governments.
- I receive The Canadian League magazine three times per year.
- The CWL is the heart of the parish and works on many projects in the parish and community.
- The CWL provides an opportunity for leadership development and education on issues of concern.
- The CWL is open to women of all ages and embraces many traditions.
- I can attend Diocesan, Provincial and National conventions.
Meetings and Events
Please note the time change for the March meetings:
- March 5 - Executive Meeting - 6:00-6:30 PM
- March 5 - General Meeting - 6:30-7:30 PM
- Barbara Beaurivage, a nurse practicioner, will speak from 7:30-8:30 pm on adolescent mental health, anxiety and depression. Parishoners and guests are welcome to attend.
- April 2 - Executive Meeting - 6 PM
- April 2 - General Meeting - 8 PM
- Brett Salkeld will speak from 7-8 PM on freedom of conscience. Parishoners and guests are welcome to attend.
- May 5 & 6 - Diocesan Convention in Weyburn
- May 26 - CWL Brunch - 11 AM
- June 2 & 3 - Provincial Convention in Humboldt
- We encourage new members to join at any time of the year! If you know someone, bring her to a circle meeting, a general meeting or an event, and let her know of the variety of things our league does. We don't just do bake sales, funerals and bridge tournaments!
- Membership cost: $35
- For more information talk to any member or contact the CWL Presidents Cynthia or Lianne via the Parish Office.
- Legislation and Resolutions from the 2018 National Convention:
- Catholic Women's League Leadership Foundation - To fund leadership education that inspires Catholic women to be transformational and influential leaders where they live and work. For more information, click here.
- www.findingthegifts.ca - Short videos sharing information about: suicide prevention, palliative care, people with disabilities and caring for the elderly.